Friday, June 04, 2010

Planning

It is maybe 10 months to R-day, although it may be that it could be as long as a year.  This means I have to undergo something totally alien to me - Planning.

I have never been a good planner.  True, I sorta 'planned' our move from London to N Wales, and sorta 'planned' my wedding 20 odd years ago, but it still needed nagging from various parties or even physical manhandling (oo er) for me to get done what needed to be done.

There are some plans in my head, including the practical stuff I could do soon after the dread day (although I am not sure if that is an accurate description) but whether I will actually do them, well, that just remains to be seen.  I know me too well.

There are lots and lots of stuff I have 'in progress'.  I mean, you name it, training on general workplace stuff (what my colleague calls 'clipboard management training'); training on technical stuff such as Java, CSS; training in Knowledge Management, short stories started, not finished; Welsh language learning in progress...actually there is shed loads more that I could state but could never remember.  Oh yeah, thatangellook and SHOTS reviews.  Oh, and keeping the job I've got going, and my sanity, for up to a year.  Oh and yeah, keeping the other half happy.  And...

You get the picture.

Actually, this is me all over.  I Am Work In Progress.  Wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: