Sunday, May 13, 2007

Everybody Wants To Rule The World

OK, so I was a bit down on Thursday (well I never would have guessed it Fi, strike me down with a 6 inch toothbrush etc)

I seem to have inherited my father's trait of metaphorically always being the bridesmaid and never the bride. To add to the anguish, the one who got made the bride has barely been there five minutes....I am calm...I am calm...

From my mother, I inherited The Sulk. When I was a kid I managed to milk this to full effect. As I grew up, I tried to hide The Sulk but it doesn't stop people asking you every 5 minutes if you're OK. So, Friday, The Sulk was on full throttle, but this time with the threat of bursting into tears at every quiet moment. What made it worse is the boss noticed. Now, since The-Rather-Well-Known-Utilities-Company payroll is running rather well at the moment, partly thanks to yours truly, The Sulk may have been misconstrued as The-About-To-Hand-In-Her-Notice-Look. So I was taken into a room and given a pep talk. And heard all the same rubbish I've heard before.

I don't like to use this blog as a diary, but I guess the above is all part of the rich fabric of LIFE. The Sulk is over. Time to move on and put my foot in another door.

No comments: