Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bad bad bad BAD Customer Service

Netservices terminates v21 services

I guess I have been pretty blessed not to be caught up in such a farce as this one before. Unfortunately, V21 has been my ISP for some time and, I believe, one of the best UK providers there are.

It's odd - I'm not feeling for myself very much. I feel for the customers of V21, the angry customers who phone up to complain, the telephone watchdogs and V21 customer services who must surely be going through hell. I can ride out the storm, connect to the internet via the LAN at my employer's when I need to and just wait until the bun fight stops, and V21/Biscit emerge victorious (as they surely will). The real 'child' here though is Netservices, aggrieved with losing their business to Biscit, and sulking because V21 queried an invoice, have turned to dirty tricks worthy of the alledged British Airways of some years back. In brief - they control the ADSL for the V21 broadband customers, so therefore can do what the heck they like with them, 'offering' them a service with another provider (in some cases, double the price of v21) and if we don't like it....well we can lump it, because we're not going to talk to you.

BAD BAD BAD ATTITUDE!

I've worked for employers that have taken a serious nosedive in the City - the way out is to work to improve your relationship with both your customers and suppliers - NOT try to make the best out of a bad situation by turning to tricks such as this.

Shame on you, Netservices. I don't think you will exist by the end of next year, and I don't think anyone will mourn your passing. Cut me off on 24 November, I will simply reconnect with V21. Some victory.

2 comments:

Stanley Walker said...

Couldn’t agree more. As one of those left high and dry, this is horrendous. I am not happy at all with NetServices plc’s “take it or leave it” attitude of offering me EzeeDSL or nothing and refusing to issue me with my MAC code so that I can go elsewhere. That is tantamount to blackmail and, if the law allows that, then the law should be changed.

Fiona said...

I'm hanging in there Robert, and so should you. I've asked a couple of hypothetical questions off V21/Biscit, I will share their answers with you.

Fi